Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How many of you will actually use the Daz kids 4 in more than one or two renders

drifterlee opened this issue on Apr 15, 2010 · 101 posts

bhoins posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 7:18 AM

Quote - Actually I have gotten refunds for a lot of items at Daz and they have always been nice about it. I downloaded the new kids but after looking at them and finding out you can't scale the toddler in Poser I opted out on buying anything for them.

Except that the Toddler does indeed work in Poser. This is incorrect information. Like Apollo and Freak 4 the issue is conforming clothing and how Poser handles scaling in conforming clothing, not the figure itself.

There are four solutions to using the clothing in Poser.

1. SM fixes the bug. (Which they reportedly have for 2010 and also reportedly will for Poser 8.) 
  2. Manually adjust the scaling for the clothing in the affected body parts. (Tedious but works)
  3. There is a Python Script (Sorry I don't know who did it or where to get it.) that does the adjustment in 2 for you.
  4. Adopt the Anton Solution, don't conform the clothing, apply the morphs, scaling and pose to the clothing separately and parent them to the figure.

Claims that the Toddler, Freak 4 and Apollo don't work in Poser are in error. Because of the bug DAZ3D can't claim that they are supported in Poser, but they do work.

Quote - As far as defending Daz every time they release a loser product, I can't see that. I give my opinion here and elsewhere without worrying if someone at Daz doesn't approve, I also give my opinion on a product with my wallet. If it isn't up to snuff then I don't buy it or I get a refund and delete it. Just because you state your opinion some folks think you are trolling, I just ignore them and move on. Everyone has a right to their opinion I have the right to disagree with it, but not to attack them for it. I was under the impression that the Poser forum is for the exchange of information, good or bad. No one from Daz should be coming in and telling folks they should go to hell for expressing their opinion about a Daz product.

Funny, the only vitriol I see in this thread comes not from DAZ3D, their employees PA's or even someone defending them but from those that have a grudge against DAZ3D. Granted I don't read everything in these forums, so I would be more than willing to adjust my statement, if you can show me where someone from DAZ3D told someone else to "Go to Hell" or similar about expressing their opinion, but it certainly isn't in this thread.