Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How many of you will actually use the Daz kids 4 in more than one or two renders

drifterlee opened this issue on Apr 15, 2010 ยท 101 posts

JoePublic posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 3:01 PM Online Now!

It's a technical issue as well as a buisiness decision, but most artists are also emotionally attached to their work, so yeah, a discussion like this might get heated from time to time.

Personally I admit I am pretty dissapointed.
I waited months and months (or is it already over a year ?) for new kids and while I don't like V4 much, I noticed that M4 was a lot better.
(Both rigging-wise as well as the sculpting)

So I naturally imagined the new kids to be even better than M4, knowing that Matt and Maddie are also better than M3.

Unfortunately it seems that DAZ didn't invest too much energy both to make them "look" like actual children or to make them fully work in Poser.
(I mean, seriously: Just "TWO" bodymorphs in the morphs++ set ???)

I already have some pretty good 3rd generation kids as well as a preteen M4 I made myself, so I will just go on "breeding" my own little ones.

But it's still hard getting over the dissapointment that we "could" have had a professionally made new child mesh that could have been better than M4 had DAZ really wanted.

And another part of the problem is that DAZ HAS a defacto monopoly as 99% of the merchants support only them.
So if they don't do it, noone else will.