Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

Diogenes posted Mon, 19 April 2010 at 4:42 PM

Quote - Yes, it's been a while since I was here - far too much work and too much Antonia as well 😉 I hope that you do not grumble over me that it took me so long to catch up with what happened with Brad*.

I've always liked having specific materials for the nostrils and the inner eyes.  I'm not sure whether that's a popular view, though....

*to me: very popular! Texturing a figure is easier if you have different zones for different materials. The eye-socket and the lacrimal for instance have a different shine as the eye or the surrounding skin. Same goes for the inner mouth, the teeth, the nails and so on. And having an extra-material zone for the nostrils makes it easier to adjust Ambient Occlusion that for this region. *
Of course many things can be done by using masks - but having a seperate material zone for specific parts makes the life of a texturer easier and may encourage more people to create texture add-ons.

Oh no, no grumbles. Glad you have taken an interest in Brad. :) Antonia is much closer to being a finished figure and needs the most attention and support right now So I am happy you come by from time to time and see where he's at.

I agree for the extra material zones, I dont see any down side to having mat zones for each different type of body skin, or even for those area's that are hard to get to for morphs. (eyelids for one.)

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY