Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Looking for pilots for reverse deformations morph loader

colorcurvature opened this issue on Apr 27, 2010 · 117 posts

odf posted Sat, 01 May 2010 at 1:54 AM

The slaving of morphs to bend channels is actually the functionality in MLP that I've been least impressed with. For one, you have to do the maths yourself. When I want my morph to be fully expressed at 90 degrees, I have to tell MLP to use a factor of 0.011111. Not really a big deal, but it's less intuitive and can be a bit of a mental stumble block. Another huge annoyance is that the channel you want to slave to is not read back in correctly from the configuration file, which means I have to steer through three nested pulldown menus to fix it each time I tweak and re-load my JCMs.

From my experience, here are two things I'd really like to see in an advanced morph loader with ERC (i.e. morph slaving) support:

1. The ability to save a configuration and replay it later, so that when I make changes to the morph, I can still load it with one click and have it slaved to the correct channel with the correct factor.

2. The ability to save the deltas plus the ERC setup in a separate file. Ideally, that would be a pose file that could be loaded into Poser, but one would have to check if that actually works in practice. But since Poser, Daz Studio and I typically have at least three different opinions of what a proper CR2 should look like, I typically copy-and-paste any changes I make from whatever either software writes out into my clean "master file". So having just the bits I'm actually interested in in a file by themselves would be immensely useful.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.