Forum: Community Center

Subject: Modelsers sessions forum

TRAVISB opened this issue on Jul 31, 2001 ยท 46 posts

Teyon posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 11:09 PM

Funny that Trav posted this today, as I was about to make another post on my thoughts about character design in the Charcter creator forum. It's a great idea, really. I'm behind the whole class/discussion/idea thing. However, I don't see the need for a new forum. We could simply agree to do this in the Character creator forum. It's there, we might as well use it, right? My thought is this, we (Trav and I) could agree to supply new ideas for topics (perhaps twice a week) that everyone interested can join in on. Trav could conduct a general task to perform (I'm more about theory than practice) and I could help people with the basics of design theory. Tasks should be braod enough that everyone with a modeling program who's interested could participate in. This would leave out the rather large Poser community but that really can't be helped. Because this would be seperate from the day to day grind of the forum, ClintH and TBKoen wouldn't have to frett much about it (though your input would be welcome, guys). It seems like a far easier way to conduct it for everyone. Trav, because I'm already co-mod of the Rhino forum, this Classroom within the CCF would be your baby so my mod duties with Spike won't suffer. It's an idea to kick around and I think we mods should have a sit and really decide if it's viable. I personally think folks will love it, not only because it's a good idea but also because Twillis, ClintH, and TBKoen sort of have this challenge thing going over there that would work better as a classroom lesson thing anyway. (hard to havea CC challenge...who gets to decide what character is better and why?).