Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

Diogenes posted Sun, 02 May 2010 at 8:56 PM

Thanks Cage, Joel.

TrekkieGrrrl:  Good idea, I will ask him.

Silke: Did you get the last version with the UV map templates?

Masha:  No not too late, I have been noticing several things myself that I need to work on. So its an ongoing process.

Niles: Did you get the last version with the UV templates, Alpha 0.2 ? The fingers still are not set up for Y and X rotation but work with the Z rotation. Still no scaling set up.  But everything is there and more or less works.

I have noticed that I am not getting the detail I wanted in the body of the high res version so I plan on rearranging the UV's a bitm differently so that I can get better detail.  So the UV template for the high res version will be changing.

Something I noticed while doing this first skin map, there are lot of shadows in the photographs that cause shadows on the figure, even if the photo looks fairly shadowless.  Getting them out is taking most of the time spent so far. If I take out all the gray from the texture though it looses most of the detail as well, and bleaches the hair to orange. Must be that I just want to remove the deeper shadows that cause shape distortions ?

I'm glad I did this now, as I can better understand what is required in a UV map for decent textures.  😄

Cheers.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY