Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: multiple runtimes and texture anomolies

stimuli opened this issue on May 03, 2010 · 15 posts

bagginsbill posted Mon, 03 May 2010 at 4:50 PM

When you say "the multiple runtimes problem", you're implying there is a problem known as the multiple runtimes problem, one that other users have besides you.

I've never heard of your multiple runtime problem, and as far as I know, multiple runtimes works fine for everybody.

When you say you use the P6 runtime as the main runtime in P7, do you mean you added the P6 runtime as an external runtime to P7 and you still have the original P7 "main" runtime as is, or do you mean you copied over it.

I think you must have totally borked your system by copying things you should not have copied. Not everything in your runtime is content. Some of it is software and configuration properties. Copying an entire P6 runtime into any other version of Poser is basically an easy way to ruin Poser.

The correct method to support a gigantic existing P6 content library in P7 is to simply tell P7 you want to use the P6 library as an external library. No copying is involved. Same with P8 and PPro and PPRo 2010.

If you can't tell us exactly which of the thousands of P7 support files you trashed, I'd say the best thing to do would be to re-install P7.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)