Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

Fugazi1968 posted Tue, 04 May 2010 at 3:19 AM

Hi poeples :)

Great to see some people getting into the dynamic cloth stuff.  I love it and have a mission to spread the word :)  In my opinion it is the easiest way to get people making their own clothes and using them, without all that fiddling around with bones and joints and stuff.

You may be interested to know that on my you tube page I have four videos on the cloth room.   I did them ages ago but I think they might help a bit.  Im afraid I cant post the link cos I am at work and cant get to you tube, but if you go there and look for Fugazi3D you'll find me.

There is also a merchant resource in the marketplace here that contains some cloth meshes and some cr2s for conforming.  The meshes could be used to make dynamic stuff easily, while you work on your modelling techniques (vendor OCKRMP they have dev packs for a few figures).

While I will go on ad infinitum about the joys of 3D Coat, it is the perfect tool for creating dynamic clothes.  I know not everyone can afford it but I thought I'd mention it anyway (there are some videos about using 3d coat for making cloth meshes on my you toob too).

I'm intending on doing a video tute for 3D Hobby Mag for the next issue, if you have any thoughts about an aspect of the cloth room you'd like explored please let me know and I will see if I can work it in.

I also have a freebie dynamic dress and some cloth room python scripts over at 3D Hobby which you might find useful.  The scripts set the cloth parameters to make the mesh behave like certain cloth types, it also has a blank one which you can use to make your own presets.  I think it's pretty useful, well I'd be lost without it.

Last of all and I can't remember if it's been mentioned, I use shrink wrapping alot in the cloth room.  So once I've made my mesh and got it into Poser, if it's a little rough I shrink wrap it onto the model in the cloth room, that can save alot of grief, especially with socks and stockings anf the like.

Also in the later versions of Poser I use the morph tool to fix minor poke through issues when they arise.  Together the shrink wrapping and morph tool can take some of the squarer edges off a mesh.

Oh Oh and not forget about the shrink wrap method of converting cloth from one figure to another :)

I'll shut up now

John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D