Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

Fugazi1968 posted Tue, 04 May 2010 at 7:07 AM

Quote - > Quote - I do it with materials.  If I was doing a dress I'd divide into 3 mat groups Top, Skirt and Waist.  The waist mat group is like a belt between the top of the skirt and the bottom of the top (:?).  Depending on the garment I make it from make it as wide as is necessary.  But if it's a dress I usually make it one poly thick.

but wait, that really creates a weird situation.   let's say you create that waist section first.  it's only 1 poly thick.  it doesn't actually exist as a vertex group.  if you create your waist constrained group, then create the top dynamic group from the top material which holds the top set of vertices from waist, and then create the bottom dynamic group from the skirt material which holds the bottom set of vertices from waist, isn't the constrained group now empty?  or can the vertices belong to two groups?

I kinda get what you are saying :) and it does tie my head in knots.  The only answer my poor brain comes up with is that  when you have vertices that essentially belong to two groups it treats the join as a weld.  Otherwise the mesh would fall apart.  I would suspect there is then a group priority applied to the weld point, so that the vertex behaves in a sensible fashion.  I suspect that the constrained group would have a high priority, so over rides and other group behaviours a the weld point :)

I think that makes sense, though I'm not sure.

John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D