Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

LaurieA posted Tue, 04 May 2010 at 9:46 AM

Quote - ...oh!  i see!  yes, that would pretty much kill it for creation for me, i think .  it's hard to say without understanding the mesh it makes better.  the thing is, wide skirts and trains with a topology like a cone can have really bad problems.  i learned that the hard way on my first piece.  i actually don't think it's posted here.  i messed up pretty thoroughly.  like mega bad.  i had to take it back into Blender and subdiv and smooth it.  now when i want (big) circular skirts and trains, i give them a grid topology rather than a radial one.  that isnt' to say that's the correct answer, just whew that first big wide circular train i made was just really awful. i just didn't think enough about the topology.

That's where I'm at right now. Skirts don't drape quite like I want them to. I mean, they don't look horrible, but just not as good as I think they could. Maybe I'll have to rethink what I'm doing there... The only downside is, it's not as easy to do what you did in Blender in Wings...lol. It can be done, but not as easily as you seem to have done. And there's no cloth sim in Wings, so I'll have to bounce back and forth from Wings to Poser, which really isn't that bad a deal...lol.

I wish I could wrap my head around Blender, but it just won't sink in...hehe.

Laurie