Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

Fugazi1968 posted Wed, 05 May 2010 at 4:46 AM

Attached Link: max garment maker

> Quote - > > very cute! i'm curious, what is the UV map like?  i have very little experience dealing with UV mapping things that aren't flat. > > just a comment: in my experience, regular topology is much more important than tris vs. quads.  a long thin tri is going to be a problem like a long thin quad would.  even if you want tris in your final mesh, the way you make it should give you as regular a topology as you can make. > > and a quick question: how does this affect your polygon count?  can you get more flexibility with a lower resolution, do you need a higher poly count, or is about the same?

The UVMap is pretty flat, the skirt itself was mapped when it was flat, so has no real distortions in it.  The Waist part is unwrapped using the ABF method so it pretty flat.  It would be better if it were made with flat panels of course,  I will work on that in the future.

You are right, the polys should be of a more uniform size, it was just a quick test so I wasnt really thinking about that.

The polycount I suspect should be roughly the same, since I would not subdivide as far.  The las subdivide I would normally make would be replaced by a triangulation modifier, which is essentially a different way of subdividing.

Check out the link above, it shows some images of how the Max Garment modifier arranges the polys for a good cloth simulation.  As per Lauries suggestion it's all tris except they are arranged in a non linear manner, thats the effect I'm trying to get :)

John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D