Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

kobaltkween posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 4:01 AM

no, but that doesn't mean it's better.  that's like saying because Max can do highly translucent SSS based skin, it must be better to do it that way.  a lot of the complaints i've read about dynamic clothes center around lack of detail.  a major aspect of lack of detail in dynamic clothing is lack of a proper structure to the clothing.   randomizing means more lack of structure.  in real life, most people don't want clothes that crumple a lot. in my experience, the conforming clothes that are more popular are either fairly structured and tightly fitted. 

dynamics simulate cloth.  a lot of the aspects i've seen complained about as "errors" are simply the simulator working like it's supposed to. when you make a dynamic outfit with no structure to it or shape it so that in real life it would gap and sag, it will sim exactly like you made it and look as poorly made as a real outfit made that way would. 

lots of cloth folds differently than it sheers.   randomizing your topology gets rid of the whole notion of direction in terms of the cloth and how it folds.  maybe the Delaunay method works better if you do some fancy simming to counteract the effects of randomization, but it seems to me like a waste of time to counteract something you don't need to do in the first place. 

that isn't to say cloth that crumples like it folds and crumples a lot can't be useful.  but i personally wouldn't use it on something like a fitted bodice or a dress shirt.