Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

kobaltkween posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 8:45 AM

personally, i wasn't testing in Poser because i go between the Blender and Poser cloth sims pretty frequently.  i have a pretty good sense of how close they are, how they respond differently and how they're the same.

and it won't help to have an unstructured test.  you should probably try making some actual clothes.

but i think the details are somewhat moot.  most people here don't have Max, and can't use this exact method. i can say the general principle of breaking your mesh into random tris means exactly what the major difference between those two renders is.  one is much more random, crumples more, and has much noisier folds than the other.

imho, there are times i'd want results kind of like the quad mesh and some times i'd like results kind of like the Delauney mesh.  i would almost never want something that wrinkled like the Delauney that as general clothes.  not as a person (i hate ironing), and not in 3d.  but i might want crumpling and wrinkling like that if i wanted very classical, draping clothes (which i sometimes do).  the quad mesh has much smoother folds in certain areas, and i'd definitely want something more like that if i wanted to duplicate any of the large percentage of  women's clothes that have some amount of lycra or spandex in them to make them drape properly and keep from wrinkling.  looking at the smoothness of the quad's folds between the sphere and the pointy thing, i'm pretty sure i'd want that for just about anything heavy, too, like leather, wool, or denim.  natural silk or very, very fine linen would be another issue.