Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

kobaltkween posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 8:59 AM

Quote - which is ok if your mesh is extremely dense, but if its not, that movement will not be very realistic, as cloth can fold anywhere (basically),

ah.  i see.  there's where we disagree.  no, it doesn't bend just anywhere, not in general.  it bends in very specific ways given certain properties.  but if you think that all fabric just bends any which way, yes, the Delaunay method will give you the results you're looking for. 

RobynsVeil - ooo, thanks for that info!  no, it would still be pretty bad for most things i'd want to make because they really should have more structure and form than that.  if you look at the edges/hems of the fabric in templargfx's renders, you'll see exactly what i mean.  it would be a bear to piece something like that together, and i'd just have to fight to get it to wrinkle smoothly.  but for anything that shouldn't have structure, and would just be a single piece with a single set of dynamic settings, it would be great. 

it's definitely the answer i was looking for with some of my early attempts.  thanks so much!