Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 6:43 PM

Here's a little something I did after reading this thread. It's all made in Hexagon and I used the "Loop Subdivision" (whatever that means.. I just tried them all until I found something where I liked the results) so it's subdivided (3 times) into nice tris. 

The cloth calculation went FAST,whether that was because if the tris or not, I don't know. The first pic shows more or less how dimpe the dress is without the subdivisions,it's the "polygons" I work with in Hex. It was all made from a box btw and I didn't do much in the ways of actually fitting it to Sydney, I just made sure there wasn't a lot of pokethru before I exported it to Poser.

I like how it falls. I used a material from the Magic Touch collection, it's supposed to be wool. Now I know those materials doesn't take the cloth room settings into consideration, but to me, this looks like actual fabric.

This was just a very quick model I made in less than 30 minutes, I made it to see what knds of subdivision is possible in Hexagon so .. yes it could have been better L But it proves the point I think: Tris falls in a nice way.

Now I should of course try the same one with a regular "chicken mesh" mesh... I'm not sure I can go back though (My computer started acting up and required a reboot) so.. anyway.. IMO.. tris looks nice! And Poser can absolutely handle them just fine!

The rendered version:

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.