Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

kobaltkween posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 10:59 PM

testing that simple t-shirt mesh, i'm not necessarily seeing an improvement with tri.  more like (as expected) more noise and crumpling.  which would be perfect if i wanted it and really bad if i didn't.  imho, the first looks more like something to wear to the office under a suit top (a fabric with something in it to help a little with flow), and the second looks more casual and messy.  the really interesting thing to me is that the tri version actually fit _worse_ than the quad version.  i had deliberately made the V4 petite just to see what would happen.  the quad version changed more uniformly and smoothly, while the tri version became very noisy and jagged (see the right side, especially by her arm). 

i also didn't convert my "seams" group or my hems. seams and hems don't generally fold along their length, so i'd pretty much never want them to be made for that.  and just a quick mention, the difference in the clearance above her shoulders is due ot me trying out the morph brush.  i just acquired P7 recently, and i've always wanted to see how much it could help with dynamic clothes. 

i think one of the next things i need to try is handles for choreographed groups.  has anyone here tried to do that?