Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

RobynsVeil posted Sat, 08 May 2010 at 6:27 PM

Quote - Personally i cannot imagine using something else, i have tried most modeler and Silo was the one for me, it's not a perfect program, on the forums severals peoples report crash on their machines but i never experienced a crash on my own machines

The best is to try it, the demo work 30 days, if you try it PM me for some advices/settings

May I PM you for advice / settings also?

I've had nothing but crashes and when I reported it on the Silo forums, they basically told me I was doing something wrong. People there are singularly rude and unhelpful. It's actually refreshing to encounter someone who 1) has had a good experience with it who 2) doesn't treat non-Silo users (i.e., Blenderites - on that forum, you might as well say 'leper') like they should stop whingeing and learn a real programme.

The Greg Southern tutorials are excellent - for the last major version. When I asked what the comparable function was for duplicating mesh, I got very confused answers and was basically told that the tutorial was fine: I just had to sort-of get into it more and it would all make sense.
That didn't answer my questions... and from that point on further questions were essentially ignored.

Is Silo still being developed? I have Silo 2.1.1 Professional. I really wish I could get it working... the sculpting and retopology tools look awesome. I actually tried to get a Silo forum going here - put in a formal requestion - but it wasn't on the cards, I guess.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks