Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 ยท 181 posts

rjjack posted Sun, 09 May 2010 at 2:54 AM

Quote -

May I PM you for advice / settings also?

I've had nothing but crashes and when I reported it on the Silo forums, they basically told me I was doing something wrong. People there are singularly rude and unhelpful. It's actually refreshing to encounter someone who 1) has had a good experience with it who 2) doesn't treat non-Silo users (i.e., Blenderites - on that forum, you might as well say 'leper') like they should stop whingeing and learn a real programme.

The Greg Southern tutorials are excellent - for the last major version. When I asked what the comparable function was for duplicating mesh, I got very confused answers and was basically told that the tutorial was fine: I just had to sort-of get into it more and it would all make sense.
That didn't answer my questions... and from that point on further questions were essentially ignored.

Is Silo still being developed? I have Silo 2.1.1 Professional. I really wish I could get it working... the sculpting and retopology tools look awesome. I actually tried to get a Silo forum going here - put in a formal requestion - but it wasn't on the cards, I guess.

you are welcome, a beta version 2.2 exists, you have to download the installer and an additional zip with a no time limited exe, maybe this fix some of yours crashs.

The video tutorials don't work well for me, my native language is French, and most of time they speak too fast for my old half-century brain ;-)

It's obvious than Silo is no more the main application of NeverCenter but if they publish bug fix from time to time, it's fine for me.