Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Sun, 09 May 2010 at 1:38 PM

Yea I also always make the mesh denser at bends, such as elbows and knees etc. On the halter top I tried to get some loops where the breasts are, but something went wonky along the way (still not sure what I did wrong this time) and while fiddling with it, I accidentally deleted a polygon resulting in the hole. Well I liked the effect so I kept it L But I didn't plan on it being open from the beginning...

Stuff like pleats are best at least partially modelled in and if you're modelling from extruded circles like I did with the Wizard robe, it's easy. Not so much with box modelling though, at least not in Hexagon, there's too few polygons to make the pleats (yes I tried!)

Then again Hexagon does't whow the actual subdivided mesh in its normal state, IMO it's great because it makes it easier to make soft, organic flowing things, but it also sometimes makes it hard to model small details.

I just saw a tutorial though that used the displacement brush in Hexagon to create wrinkles... I will have to look more into that, because it might do what I want :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.