Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

Diogenes posted Thu, 13 May 2010 at 6:19 AM

Hi Cage.  :biggrin:

How are you doing? Good I hope. Did you get Posered out? I'm getting there, need to start taking the dog out for a walk more often. Stop sitting behind the comp every spare moment.  😄

"I'm wondering how it would have been welded.  "

Well, I got the idea into my head that a second layer of identical poly's ocupying the same space and with the points welded like double sided poly's would be a good idea.  I had thought it would keep the two materials from poking through eachother and help with making morphs because the points of the two layers would always move with eachother.  I got it to work in Poser 6, but in P8 and PP 2010 the two layers of materials just became a jumbled mess.  So I decided not to bang my head against thw wall of Poser physics and just scrap that idea. Staale had done a three layered skin by actually using five layers of poly's all wellded and occupying the same space.  He had a layer in between each material layer. I definitely do not want to add that many poly's just to get a second skin.

This method with two separated layers is tried and proven and works well enough for me. It may be a bit harder to make morphs for while keeping the two layers separated, but oh well, cant have it all. I do have the second skin set up with its own distinct groups in the geometry so that you can select it individually apart from the figure with the morph brush or modelling app. It also has its own material zones, but shares the figure bones.

Starting on the JCM's tonight. I hope not to need too many, but I know the fingers and toes will need them especially.

cheers.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY