Forum: Carrara

Subject: Making money off 3D design work...

ominousplay opened this issue on Apr 18, 2010 ยท 14 posts

ThunderStone posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 1:01 PM

Quote - I recent;y submitted some of my work to our Excutive Producer and she was excited at the posibilities that I bring to the table using Carrara 6 Pro, 7 Pro and now 8 Pro. They, the producers at the station I work for, have used the traditional tools of the trade i.e. After Effects, Motion, Premier Pro, Final Cut, etc... They have never used 3D apps to bring more depth and realism in their work. Though I still work overnights and I have other work to perform, I did recieve a small promotion to Assistant Producer and this came on the heals of layoffs several months that the station went through, because of the economy. Good for me that though I still babysit Master Control I also do some computer tech work, minor engineering and now animated production for the station and though I am thought of as a Jack of All Trades and Master of None. It has certainly added to my job security.
So heres to Carrara and Mark Bremmer's Video Tutorials at VTC for helping to make my love of 3D into a well paying job,.......... Here-Here!!!!!

WOW!!! Hats off to you for parlaying a hobby into a well deserved promotion and a stable job.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday