Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: changing poser 8's iamge output

bg36 opened this issue on May 30, 2010 · 12 posts

lmckenzie posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 9:49 PM

If you're not Avalon181 on the Adobe forums then you're not the only one having a similar problem, though not necessarily with Poser.

After downloading the image they posted I tried to load it into VirtualDub. I got the same sof2 error. A bit of research reveals that the sof2 marker (FF C2 Hex) in a jpeg header indicates that it is progressive encoded. Checking in a hex editor, I did indeed find the sof2 marker. As a test, I loaded a jpg render I had into VirtualDub version 1.86 and it loaded fine. I then saved the same file in XnView and checked the 'Progressive' box. Attempting to load that image into VirtualDub now throws the sof2 error.

Looking a bit further, I found this:

"While virtualdub claims to support progressive JPG's as of 1.6, clearly it's giving you issues. I'd suggest batch processing them to baseline encoding, or maybe even just to BMP or some un-compressed form."

If your images load without error in other applications then this may be your problem. In Poser, is it possible that there is a progressive setting on jpg output that you are using?

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken