Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Some newbie questions

Ometeotl opened this issue on Jun 04, 2010 · 6 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Fri, 04 June 2010 at 4:18 PM

First things first: Welcome to the wonderful whacky world of Poser :)

One thing always to keep in mind is that Poser is an odd duck. It has a lot of quirks and sometimes seems to have its own life :) Just so you don't think YOU'RE getting mad when things suddenly go haywire. Most things are fixed with a reboot :)

And now that I've scared you off ;) (well.. I hope not)

As far as I know, there's no way of importing .dsb poses. It may be possible to make a program that can translate it, but I 'm not sure.

And yes it's a shame. I know a lot of people who'd rather pose in DS. One way you CAN do it is to dave your figure in the new pose and load that into Poser and save the pose that way. Not sure if it will work though...

You can save a full character quite easily. Let's say you have Mike4 with hair and clothes. When you click the + in the Figures palette (library) Poser will tell you that this is part of a multiple figure groupiing or somesuch.. just say yes to save the whole thing.
The new clothes character can then be loaded from your Figures palette and will come in with all things attached :)

Save renders: Once the render is done go to Export - Image. that's how you save renders in Poser. And I agree it seems odd. It's just been so ever since at least Poser 4 :)

Deleting them is even easier: Just don't save them :)

Poser keeps by default the last 10 renders. In the Settings you can change that number to like 1 or 2 (anything more will just use up memory) and then they're gone for good :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.