Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: jepes movies explosions

darquevision opened this issue on Jun 07, 2010 · 10 posts

seachnasaigh posted Mon, 07 June 2010 at 2:20 PM

Are you on 64bit OS? 
     I'm going quote my posts from other threads to save time...

The problem is that the AVIs generally available for use as animated textures use a 32bit codec;  without a corresponding 64bit video codec, Poser's movie node can't read the AVI.  I have not succeeded in re-saving AVIs in 64bit;  none of my programs offer the option as far as I can tell.

My suggestion was to add a modified image node -the image array node- which has a frame/image number input and which will read a series of pics with numeric suffixes.
     For example, you put a folder of sixty pics in your texture folder.  The pics would be named Lightning001, Lightning002, Lightning003, etc.   During an animation, Poser would read the image which corresponds to the frame number input.  The node should have a loop checkbox so that in frame 61, FireFly will read Lightning001 again, if desired.

Of course, it would be icing on the cake if the image array node could read PNG with alpha.  :D  "

Poseworks offers Particles 3/PZ, which do a pretty good job of animated flame, smoke, pixie dust, etc.
     It's one of my cherished Poser add-ons.  ^^

Longer term, I have bought a commercial Genetica 3.51 license for a new workstation (ETA a week and a half).  It will take some time to learn to use Genetica, but I plan to create animated caustics, animated water ripples (and cloth wind ripples), in seamlessly looped sequence.
If I can find a way to save out 64bit AVIs, I'll be all over that!  Otherwise, I'll arrange still frames either into a matrix or leave them as numerically-sequenced pics in a folder and hope for an image array node in the next Poser Pro.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5