Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Is this animation type, something that could be fun to watch??

josterD opened this issue on May 14, 2010 · 37 posts

Teruchan posted Wed, 09 June 2010 at 4:34 AM

Keep in mind, everyone, that it really depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to attract the attention of Hollywood or like-minded investment so that they can license your story and put a huge budget behind making it "properly", then semi-animation can be great. Even a novel can be great, as we have seen many novels adapted into huge movies recently. And, of course, there's comics and graphic novels to consider.

My goal, however, has always been to create the final product. Not trying to attract Hollywood, or any other body, to take my story and run with it. I look at technologies like Poser for their ability to give me the power to make the final thing I want to make, right now. Also know that Broken Saints, while not 3D, but hand drawn, effectively used semi-animation to create an epic which built a huge web following. Their final product attracted Hollywood, and Fox bought it and, aside from putting some larger known actors on the voice cast, sold the semi-animated epic they created on DVD. It sold over a hundred thousand copies form what I hear. That guy went on to do bigger things for major studios.

So what is the goal of your project? Mine is to create the actual final product that will sell. I've done this successfully and have attracted a major publisher before. This is why I love the anime style because it is the perfect hybrid of full and semi-animation and has proven itself effective and successful in the worldwide market.

____
The Real Teruchan