Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Mysterious Ones

Fugazi1968 opened this issue on Jun 09, 2010 · 70 posts

ssgbryan posted Thu, 10 June 2010 at 12:00 PM

Hi!

I am ssgbryan & I am a lurker.

The reason I don't post to the galleries is 3 fold.

1.  I am more interested in telling stories than making individual images.  I have stories that go a couple hundred images.  The are all works in progress however.  Most of them the characters are half (or more) naked.  Not because of the story, but because I haven't found the clothing or other prop that I am looking for am looking for.  As a corallary, getting all of the characters, props, etc to the same level of quality has been a nightmare.  The scene doesn't look right unless EVERYTHING in the scene is done to the same level.  Did I mention that I need more realistic SF clothing (i.e. uniforms, not SF Fantasy) than I do lingerie?

2.  Even though I have been playing with Poser since Ver. 5, there are many things I still don't know how to do yet.  I have figured out the cloth room, made all kinds of conforming clothing dynamic & I have figured out how to make V4 clothing into clothing for all of my female characters.   It has taken me nearly a year to get everything converted from V4 to G2F, Miki (both), V3, V2 etc (Yes, I use them all.  V4 is too damned tall.)  Did I mention a computer crash last year that I am still recovering from (6 months of conversions gone in an instant). 

I have been following the P8 lighting threads & the TDMT threads very closely.  I will understand how to use these advances eventually, but since I don't come from a photography background, I am having to start at the begining. 

3.  Because I can't find what I am looking for (outside of lingerie for V4), I am dipping my toe into texturing & modeling.  Texturing seems to be pretty easy, modeling not so much.

Right now, not understanding how to do lighting properly is the biggest hold up.  It isn't enough for me to know what lights to use, I want to understand WHY.  That takes a little longer.  Once I get my head wrapped around it, I might even strap on my courage & post an image to the gallery.