Forum: Vue

Subject: Render woes....

Calseeor opened this issue on Aug 02, 2001 ยท 17 posts

bloodsong posted Thu, 02 August 2001 at 7:50 PM

heyas; no glow? mine got to 100% and wouldnt put the glow on. then i had another scene that would choke vue only at above a certain size. did you try to render it to a small size and see if it went through? if it renders small, but not large, then you may have that problem. i sent my file to e-on, and they're dissecting it now. (hein also did some tests on it. look for 'the scene that will not render' thread.) now if you render to disk, vue uses it's home drive to save the temp file. i have mine on k, so during a render, i can watch my k freespace shrink to zero. e-on hasn't answered my inquiry on what happens if the temp render runs out of disk space. does it crash? lock up? quit? does it start in on another disk? i dunno. vue may appear to be 'not responding' when it is in deep thought. however, if it is 'not responding' for 15-20 minutes, i think it's fair to say it choked. you may have to end up writing to e-on about this one. oh, btw, i'm pretty sure you can resume render on a render bigger than your screen size. i think i've done that.... in fact, i know i have. lastly... if it chokes at 100% done, and you reboot and start up vue again, does it ask you about recovering a crashed render? you should be able to save it to a real tif (or bmp or whatever you had it set to) file, and open it in your 2d apps. it might not be anti-aliased.