Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser stuff! the making of....

stimuli opened this issue on Jun 22, 2010 · 30 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Tue, 22 June 2010 at 5:01 PM

Actually, for animation, I'd suggest you looked into using dynamic hair. After all, that's what it's meant for. With the right settings (and granted, those take TIME to master) you can have very believable hair movements. The same is the case with dynamic clothes. Although conforming clothes move with the figure, it will never look totally real. Dynamic clothes falls, drapes and moves like real fabric (again, given that it's made right!)

Dynamic hair is made right inside Poser, in the Hair Room, and dynamic clothes is generally a lot easier to make than conforming clothes since there's no pesky joint parameters to care about. There's a fairly recent thread here discussing dynamic clothes and some tips in creating it. 

You'll need a modeler, I use Hexagon and can heartily recommend it.

If you decide to try your hands on conforming clothes, I'd suggest you get PhilC's OBJ2CR2 utility. It really does 99% of the work with conforming.

MATS is a whole other thing, first you'll need to UVmap your object (you will need to UV map it for OBJ2CR2 to work as well, so better get familiar with UVMapper or something similar. Hexagon can UVMap the model for you as can, I'm sure, Blender. I've never used Blender so I can't really help you there.

Once you have an UVMap, the mapping is fairly easy. You get a template, usually like a flat version of the model, you can paint on. What you paint there will be the texture map. 

But modelling first. Without that, all the rest is just confusing stuff.

(oh and I'm a big fan of your animated poses.. the ones sold ... elsewhere ;)  They're the best I've ever seen!)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.