Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser stuff! the making of....

stimuli opened this issue on Jun 22, 2010 · 30 posts

RobynsVeil posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 3:47 AM

One of the things to keep in mind when you're modeling conforming clothing for animation is edge-loops. Blender and animation are tightly interwoven, so there is a lot of emphasis placed on how best to create mesh that will deform how you want it to as your characters move.

One of the things I do like about Blender (once you get your head past the interface, which is changing now with 2.5x) is the support: the community is HUGE. Bigger even than here. The tutorials are legion.

I can't really speak for other modeling programmes: I tried 3DSMax, but it didn't suit my workflow. I guess it's what you get used to. Blender can do pretty much everything but it's not brilliant for sculpting yet (hoping the new version will address that) and there is a learning curve. But it is a pro-level programme, and you will find once you've done the tutes and made your Suzannes and vases you'll get really fast at it, which is really good. It has a decent UV-mapper and you can render to a number of different engines.

But I agree: it's not for everyone. People get frustrated with the current interface (which I love - I'm weird :lol:) and so tend to give up on it. So, in short :biggrin: which ever programme you choose, choose it based on what you want to do, then stick with it, take your time with it, spend a LOT of time getting a feel for it. Model for modeling's sake first, and then for Poser. In the case of Blender, if you follow all the principles you will find that the mesh will work beautifully in Poser.

BTW, Poser likes quads.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks