Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Skin Texture Resources?

madno2 opened this issue on Jun 24, 2010 · 39 posts

ghonma posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 5:05 AM

Quote - If there a no ones for V4, are there general ones then? I don't know how to fit textures to a character but in that case I need to learn it.

I don't think i've ever seen any poser texture (V4 or otherwise) that fits even half your criteria. What you're asking is more along the lines of textures for high end apps, and people usually don't sell those. Which means your only option in poser is to make it yourself from photos. Like Grappo2000, I would also recommend 3d.sk for good photo source. I've been a member for a few years and have gotten something like 20GB of texture refs from them, all of it high quality.

But yes, making raw photos into textures is not exactly easy, which is why we have so much dreck in the markets. You'll need to map  stuff to match your UVs, then remove specular/shadows/SSS, then create specular and bump maps using the photos and manual painting. Finally you'll have to paint any auxillary maps like for SSS, makeup, hair or whatever. If you dont have access to a 3D painter, you'll also have to spend a lot of time getting rid of seams and stretching.

If money is not an issue, maybe you should consider just contracting out for a texture set ? It will be expensive, esp if you want exclusive rights, but any professional texture artist can make this for you to your exact specs.