Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New to Poser Pro 2010 - what settings to use?

TrekkieGrrrl opened this issue on Jul 03, 2010 · 58 posts

basicwiz posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 7:00 PM

Hborre... I'm not baiting you here. I'm trying to communicate what the real delima is for us less-than-techie Poser users.

Quote - However, you will need to modify your light settings and tone down intensities to accurately create the image you have in mind.  Also, do not ignore your material room settings.  I have found that many vender settings are not appropriate for PP 2010 and require modification for correct rendering.

And there is the rub: the fact that nothing seems to work in default mode using GC. I remember this well from an earlier thread where I asked BB for help, and come to find out, part of the problem was the texture/shaders for the default M4!!! It seems as though, to effectively use GC, one must know how all of the shaders work, plus modify everything we've ever learned about lighting. To me, all of this takes far longer than adjusting the lights by hand using BB's light meter to make sure nothing's burning up.

From the OP's initial message, I get the feeling she's in the boat with me on GC... would like to use it, but can't get it figured out. Can you (or anyone) give some SPECIFIC, step-by-step instructions on how to keep the colors from being washed out (in all renders) and how to keep shadows from becoming over-lit (in dark-toned renders?) From the help you've given me with settings using BB's envdome, I know you have a handle on this. I've read all of the threads, but no one has done a "take you by the hand" to show how it actually works.

Can you point me to one? 

Again, I'm not trying to be an ass on this. It's just a source of a great deal of frustration, and I don't know another way to ask this question.