Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New to Poser Pro 2010 - what settings to use?

TrekkieGrrrl opened this issue on Jul 03, 2010 · 58 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 7:00 PM

Ah. Lots of great input (I'm finally home from work and now is my SUMMER HOLIDAYS! WEEEE!)

I tried the D3D settings as I've been fond of those in the past, but either I was being blind or stupid, because I couldn't find any mentioning of Gamma Correction in that. Only the tone mapping thing from Poser 8.

And am I correct in assuming that it's either or with Gamma correction and tone mapping? Either GC or ToneMapping, not both, right? I must admit I've never figured out what Tone Mapping did or didn't do so far... but I've always had it turned on.

And as for the light sets. Since I mainly render indoor stuff, I set up my scene to be BB's P8 Soft Studio Lightning which both incorporates the VSS prop AND takes Gamma Correction into account with the amount of light. Plus I love the warm scenes it produces.

Whenever I do outdoor stuff I tend to use the RDNA dome thingie. I have BB's sphere but have so far been unsuccessful in finding proper equirectangular (I think that's what they're called...) maps to put on it. And thus it looks like shite. Gives nice light, but shitty sky. Not the env sphere's fault of course, but I just wish it came with at least ONE suitable picture for the texture :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.