Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New to Poser Pro 2010 - what settings to use?

TrekkieGrrrl opened this issue on Jul 03, 2010 · 58 posts

pjz99 posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 9:40 PM

A huge step in getting away from the dreaded "THAT'S POSER" look - stop using depth mapped shadows.  They look terrible and have a couple of really serious fundamental flaws - flaws not restricted to Poser, but Poser users tend to be the most flagrant displayers of these flaws.  The first big one is frequent incorrect shadow offset, or "light leaks", typically manifesting as the awful nose glow, although there are various workarounds for that.

The other problem is uniform blurriness that simply always looks fake.  You can hide the fakeness sometimes with composition but it will always be working against you and will either show itself in your images or you will have to compromise.  TrekkieG you ou may remember this old thread:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3173588&ebot_calc_page

ps: that technique I was using with multiple point lights is made obsolete by the "samples" setting in raytraced shadow options for any light; I render with it set to 60, very smooth shadows.

My Freebies