Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finding a morph target

Apple_UK opened this issue on Jul 04, 2010 · 33 posts

pjz99 posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 1:42 PM

You have to export each body part as a separate OBJ, unless they changed the way a multi-group OBJ morph target is read back in.  This screwed me up for a long time.  Phil Cooke gives the impression this can be done in his magnets tutorial but it never ended well for me.

http://www.philc.net/PTB_tutorial4-2.php

When you import a morph target, I believe the internal name for the new channel is set to the name of the OBJ file, which gets kind of messy when you do it the way I do, with each body part handled as a separate OBJ - if you put all the OBJs in the same directory, they have to have unique file names, so each body part's morph internal name will be unique.

Really, this crap is too tedious and error-prone to do by hand more than once in a lifetime.  Just use a script for this kind of thing.  Phil has a pretty good set of utilities for this in Poser Tool Box that are figure-agnostic.  If you are working with DAZ's figures, svdl's Spawn Character script makes the whole process much less painful.

Very important to avoid any bone deformations of any kind; make sure the figure is zeroed, and do not do any bone scaling anywhere on the figure, or your morph target probably won't deform the character the way you expect.

My Freebies