Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New to Poser Pro 2010 - what settings to use?

TrekkieGrrrl opened this issue on Jul 03, 2010 · 58 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Wed, 07 July 2010 at 6:44 PM

Quote - This is the approach I've been hoping for, and still hope will come to fruition.

It's the difference between VSS, And D3D's Perfect Skin. I've used both. I understand that VSS is far more powerful, but I can't figure out how to do anything with it other than what BB set it up to do. With Perfect Skin, I can generate a multitude of various effects almost effortlessly by simplyworking sliders. That's the level of complexity that a 62 year-old can readily understand! ROFL.

It's an argument I've made and seen made before. It's great that the envelope is being pushed, but PLEASE! Someone (who knows how) make it slider-simple for the simpletons like me! 

Now THERE is a widget that will make someone a lot of money! Make GC slider simple, and watch me plunk down my cash!!!!!!!

Boy am I GLAD you wrote this! I was beginning to feel like the only one here who's a total dunce when it comes to math. I don't LIKE math, I've hated it all my life.. As an adult, I came to realise that there are times where the blasted thing is necessary, but I still dn't like it and I don't understand it. I'm like a blind man in a maze whenever I try to recreate some of what the geniusses here (like BB) has done. 

And I can't figure out how to add things to VSS either. I've seen it explained countless times. I can follow a step by step explanation - but since I don't know WHAT it is I'm doing, I can't remember it next time I need it.

So yes, a slider based/simple input version of VSS would be awesome. I would happily pay for that. I love what VSS does... I just don't know HOW it does it. Not that it's really necessary either of course. I don't know how the engine in my car works either.. but as long as it does.. who cares HOW? :)

I'm puzzled about all the mentioning of setting Custom gamma to 1...  Where, and why?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.