Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic Clothes for M4

basicwiz opened this issue on Apr 21, 2010 · 201 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 2:34 PM

I disagree! Dynamic clothes as such isn't complicated at all. Sometimes it takes a little fiddling since the documentation for the cloth room is laughable, but the basic dynamic clothes is dead easy. 

The main obstacle to overcome is to grasp the idea that you need to do a simulation. But that doesn't mean a full-fledged MOVIE! All it means is you should use the default 30 frames of any Poser scene, switch to Frame 30 after loading your figure and the clothes and do the posing there. Whether you use a canned pose or do it yourself, it's the same principle. Load everything at fram 001 and pose it all at frame 030. And yes it will look ODD when you pose a character and the clothes are just left behind, but once you run the sim, it'll follow and make sense.

Oce the posing is done, go to the cloth room, select the dynamic clothing (switch to frame 001 if it makes you feel better, I don't think it matter) - select what it should collide with (usually the figure, possibly the floor, and if it's someone sitting down, then whatever it's sitting on, too)

Run simulation.

Go and make a cuppa and wait for it to finish.

Render Frame 030.

It's really that easy in 99% of the case!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.