Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Welding clothes for dynamic cloth in Poser

trac opened this issue on Jul 08, 2010 ยท 11 posts

EnglishBob posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 3:41 AM

Quote - once you know you way around does it take long to do such edits? like changing geometry, uv maps, adding textures, sounds like hours of work?

It can be quite quick once you're familiar with the tools. I have two thresholds, personally. The first is the maximum amount of time that I'm willing to divert from assembling a scene in Poser or Vue - it's probably around half an hour or so, although of course it varies according to mood. In that time, I can put together a simple piece of dynamic clothing and UV map it; or maybe carry out simple modifications to a pre-existing item, such as modifying the textures, making a transmap, or hacking a few bits off it. Converting conforming clothing to dynamic would fall into this category if the mesh didn't look too complex when I had it in my modeller.

The second threshold is the length of time I'm willing to devote a separate session to, and that's much more variable. If it's something that I think might be useful to others, and would be legal to redistribute when finished, then I'm likely to devote more time to getting it to a releasable state. If it's only going to be a one-off, which is standing in the way of getting a picture done, then maybe two or three hours is more realistic. There will always be a point at which I would start thinking about other ways to achieve my goal.

It's hard to say how long I took to do any given project, though, because I tend to have several ideas on the go at once; and often things are put on the back burner, then revived later, maybe even years later. I do it for fun, so I don't keep a time sheet. :)