Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Help with missing obj's!!!

Colm_Jackson opened this issue on Aug 03, 2001 ยท 14 posts

ScottA posted Sat, 04 August 2001 at 6:10 AM

Hi Colm, I've been whatching your struggle with this problem. And I haven't jumped in because I don't have any idea why this is happening. I was kind of hoping someone else knew the answer. But it looks like it's a tough one. At this point. All I can say is if you can zip up and e-mail me one of those clothing items (.obj&.cr2) that gives you that problem with 4.03. I'll see if I can find out what's going on. The things I do when trouble shooting are: 1.) re-make the phi file and convert the mesh to conformer again to see if it does the same thing. 2.) take the clothing apart. Part by part and create a new conforming garment minus each piece to see if there is a certain body part that is giving Poser 4.03 problems. Yes...It's time consuming ;-) One other thing. I'm not a big fan of using existing .cr2's on new clothing items. I know it's easier for some people to do that. But there are a lot of lines in cr2's dedicated specifically to it's original .obj and texture files. And It's very, very easy to leave in information that can conflict with your new item. Creating .cr2's from scratch is the only method I recommend. ScottA scottasba@aol.com