Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Do you remember life before Poser?......

Fugazi1968 opened this issue on May 27, 2010 · 67 posts

WCSally posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 7:28 PM

OMG, I remember life before B &W TV, and the line in masking tape on the floor > you must stay behind this line if the EM box is on< .. which never happened .. .. I was only slightly father from that box than this flat screen, but the upgrade is wonderful.

I do remember old spoken programs on a big wooden box with dials ... but that was long, long ago.  It did a better job than speech software .. there must have been some reason for that.

And then I discovered making print items for the new company ... go to Kinko's and then eat beans for the next ten days!  Forget driving anywhere, buy a bus pass this month if you have to make things at Kinko's for the company ("so you want to design, eh?") ... So ... a bit later I got the hand me down PC, and a graphics program.  I believe that was the end of real life formative age, and the beginning of the IT life grasp the new stuff age; aka: Where do you find this person anymore age? (only for those sans e-mail).

The car broke, the budget broke, and the PC broke, and I went into person-hood arrest.  I would walk by the PC, and sit down, and stare ... what difficult days.  .. I got over them slowly.  But I did not forget the rush of making a beautiful image, and taking it to be seen, or discovering a new way to achieve something in the art program. .... heady days ... good days, so now ... I am back .. I hope that 3D is as rewarding as 2 D graphics were.

I think it is the heady sense of achievement one gets ... and that is a good thing, to have things you have created which you are proud of.  If you can do graphite, way cool, Me I can paint with a pan and a roller, I don't even do a good spray can application ... but give me the PC and things will begin to emerge ... and that, I believe is the draw, that I am creating, and it feels good! --- (how it looks is addressed in other places, like help areas). ... ;-)