Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: (OT) I'm Home!

Acadia opened this issue on Jul 10, 2010 · 32 posts

RobynsVeil posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 11:26 PM

"At almost 7pm she came in to get me up for a walk. I hadn't been moving, so it was hard to assess my level of pain.   I tried to get out of bed and managed to get myself partially turned onto my side and partially out of bed, but that was it. The pain was so bad that I couldn't move anymore. I was at the foot of the bed, half in and half out and my body was twisted so that I was partially on my back and side with my head on the side rail on the other side of the bed and my incision line being tugged because I was twisted.

She stood there doing absolutely nothing!  Finally she plugged the pumps back into the wall and walked out of my room.
I laid there for almost 20 minutes in absolute agony and crying. I couldn't reach the call light.  Finally I managed to wiggle around enough to reach the bed buttons and raise the foot of the bed up and lower the head of the bed so that I would wiggle myself down hill to get back into bed.

Once back in bed  I pressed the call light and asked them to page pain service.  The girl at the desk said that she would let my nurse know. About 15 minutes later another nurse came in and told me that my nurse was busy but would come in when she could. I asked her to page pain service and that if they didn't, I would page them myself."

There is no other way to describe this than patient abandonment: worse than negligence. I'm so appalled, Acadia. That was torture. That nurse should lose her licence over that! What is the world coming to? How can a nurse walk away leaving a patient in excruciating pain? Here in Australia, to leave a patient in that condition and not do something about it is grounds for dismissal.

I hope the rest of your course is uneventful and that you heal quickly and well. As much as the pain allows, do try to stay somewhat active to prevent blood clots from forming in your legs, and drink plenty of water. Water and healing are closely linked.

All the best... you deserve it!

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks