Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Not a single word

Apple_UK opened this issue on Jul 10, 2010 · 62 posts

Apple_UK posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 1:53 PM

Thanks for the replies.

It seems that no one expects the reciepents of work to to acknowledge or say 'thanks'. Well, my biggest downloader was at 1250, and even I would not have wanted to read such a list of thanks, but common courtesy demands the reciepients make effort where little has already been made.

Not many of us are Vincent Van Goughs, who, in a demented state of mind would produce art for the sake of it or to relieve hispsyche. We all need validation of what we do, and to claim other than self validation should be needed is not realistic, and numbers mean little.

The impressionists, Pre-Raphelittes and others worked for recoginition, but I think they would have eventually have put down thier brushes in favour of other activities if recognition had not been forthcomming. What value a picture if no one else knows about it? Art for its own sake has only the meaning of therapy.

No, people who have lacked the courtesy will no longer get my work. The pity is that I don't know have a viable way of sharing with those notable few few who have shown courtesy.