Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Not a single word

Apple_UK opened this issue on Jul 10, 2010 · 62 posts

JenX posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 11:49 AM

shrug

Maybe, instead of putting your items in freestuff, from what I've seen, they look decent enough for MP material.  That way, you know people wanted it enough to pay for it.

The simple fact is, with the wide swath of people we have in this community, you're almost never going to be thanked.  It's not rudeness.  Some people ARE too shy to communicate with people they see as "amazing".  Some people can't communicate in English, and don't want to offend you by not at least attempting.  
But, some people just don't think of it.  The easiest way to get direct feedback is still posting a thread advertising your freebie.  It's more of a communal thing than just giving feedback on the download page.  But, still, not everyone who downloads it is going to thank you.
My Magic Metal shaders have been downloaded over 1500 times...I've gotten 2 thank yous.  One of them was someone posting it in the gallery.
If you're looking for validation from your offerings, the Poser/DAZ Studio community is not the place, at least not right now.  10 years ago, maybe.  You'd post a thread, there would be fanfare, it would be well-recieved...and used by 4 people in their renders.  But 90 or so would have downloaded it.
This is the nature of the community.  We are hoarders.  I think we need A&E to come help us.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.