Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Leather and Suede

pjz99 opened this issue on Jul 14, 2010 · 163 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 7:55 AM

Sorry I didn't post it last night. I was really tired and making mistakes.

I could do more work, but it's good enough, apparently. grin

The shader is attached - remove the .txt from the file name when you download it.

There are four parameter nodes on the left.

PM:Gamma (Auto) = 2.2 - Automatic shader GC, which turns off in Poser Pro when render GC is enabled. If you don't want it at all, set this to 1.

PM:Color = TAN - The basic color of the material. Mottled variations are automatically produced. If you want to use a color map texture, add an Image_Map node and plug it in here.

PM:Fuzzy = 1 - The fuzziness - makes the response to light at various angles change dramatically. At 0, it won't be fuzzy, but more like a buffed suede with some soft specular. Increasing this will slowly increase the fuzziness. The default value = 1, but you can push it further than that.

PM:Mottled = 1 - The mottling due to the tiny fibers being pushed around, and also produces some color variation. If set to 0, there will be little to no mottling, and will look like Ugg boots. You can push this past 1 but 2 is about the max that works before things go haywire.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)