Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Not a single word

Apple_UK opened this issue on Jul 10, 2010 · 62 posts

Osper posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 11:44 AM

I read this yesterday and had to think about it.   I don't have any recollection of her stuff so I probably didn't download any of it.   Not that it was not good but it didn't fit my needs.   I have seen her art work and her scene conceptuallization and set up is very good.  She was trying somehing different and wanted comments, so I did.  I was graced with an E mail from her.  

She seems to be an upright  and honest person and expects that we be the same also.   The world is a much different place than it was before the internet, or maybe not (from my line of work, I think NOT).    I have coressponded with another "Freebie" maker and he said that most of the comments he has gotten tell him what's wrong with his contributions.  A sad state of affairs, but it is a fact.    I expect that we all want some sort of ackowledgement   from what we do here,  be it money or praise or even a simple "thank you".   

One change from Renderosity might help a little (this was mentioned earlier), hit the download buttton and you go straight to download.   Hit the details selection and there is a comments section.   Maybe, just maybe sending them to the same place might be a small cure.

And Apple_UK, as for the freebies you contribute, even if I never use them, thanks.