Forum: Vue

Subject: Following Rutra - Goodbye everybody

wabe opened this issue on Jul 15, 2010 · 58 posts

RobynsVeil posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 8:05 PM

Quote - I can't understand all this fuss about Renderosity. Renderosity is not so special, it is nothing more than a Poser content e-commerce site with some added functionality thru forums and galleries.

Well, it is more: it's a community. You get on the Poser forum with everyone contributing and sharing and helping, and that community spirit really shows. Recently there was a post by some individual asking for tags on images depicting non-heterosexual affection, and the community pretty-much showed its enlightened, tolerant colours in their response to him.
I can say without fear of contradiction, however, that that community spirit doesn't extend to other parts of Rendo, and I really think that is largely due to the location of Rendo's main office and the mores that hold sway there. Having lived in Australia for over ten years now has shown me that many Americans do suffer from "nationalistic myopia" in the sense that they impose puritan, Bible-Belt censorship on the oddest things. I can say this because I'm still an American. For now.

Quote - A last comment: it is useless to start a discussion with Those-That-Are-In-Power.

I don't think that is true, necessarily... but I do think they have to uphold the policies set forth by their organisation, however indefensible. For that reason, instead of discussing (arguing) points of contention, they will shut down a thread simply because policy requires them to. Their hands are tied, in that sense.
Rendo makes the rules: the Mods have to enforce those rules.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks