Forum: Community Center

Subject: Censorship madness: cartoon aliens must have underwear!! WTH?!

silverblade33 opened this issue on Jul 16, 2010 · 41 posts

Paloth posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 11:12 PM

* Does Porky Pig look like a human?  Despite walking on his hind legs, no.  He's still a pig.  But, we're not talking about Porky Pig.  We're talking about aliens given human characteristics, ergo, human*

Porky walks on two legs, manipulates objects with his hands. In addition he speaks and has a human personality. Does Caspar the Friendly Ghost look like a human?

We're talking about aliens given human characteristics, ergo, human.

In this instance, you are talking about bipeds that have the bodies of Caspar the Friendly Ghost.

I feel it is anal to demand a nudity flag for this ridiculous non-issue that offended nobody (within the sane parameters, that is.)

I don't think it is unreasonable for the artist to be upset when requested to do something that seems ridiculous. It wouldn't hurt to back down once in a while. Are moderators perfect? 

Maybe there's the "dangerous precedent" factor at work here. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. The next thing you know the Poser users will be flooding the galleries with untagged renders of a green v4.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368