Forum: Vue

Subject: Following Rutra - Goodbye everybody

wabe opened this issue on Jul 15, 2010 ยท 58 posts

thefixer posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 6:50 AM

I wasn't going to get involved with this "discussion" but some of the stuff I'm reading gives me little option than to have my say on the matter..
This may get me in hot water but what the hell..

1) Wabe was asked politely by me to provide new THUMBNAILS for some of his images because the thumbnails broke the rules on "nudity in thumbs"

2) Wabe was NOT asked to remove his images, as nudity is allowed in the galleries.

3) Because he didn't want to comply with my request in [1] above, the images in question were put in holding as all images in contravention of the thumbnail guidlines are.
In this he was not treated any differently to anyone else.

4) The rules are there, whether we agree with them or not, if we signed up for an account here, it means we accept them, even if we might not agree with some of them. In so doing we agree to abide by those rules.

5) If people really don't like the rules in a place, they always have an option to "not be there", this is a basic freedom we all enjoy

At the end of the day, Renderosity is owned by a group of people who have the final say on how it's run and what rules they want to apply, to argue about it isn't constructive and there are correct channels to go through if you don't agree with a rule or you would like to see a change somewhere, this would be the right way to go about it. These people are not monsters, they are more than capable of discussion and listening to poeple, and yes I have known them to change things if the points given are right and correct and done in a proper way.

I'm not here to argue with anyone, I'm putting my point across as the Vue coordinator, a job I took on for the good of the Community when the Vue forum was rudderless without a skipper. Sure I've made mistakes along the way, I've also done some good I believe. This particular issue was dealt with correctly in accordance with the rules we all agreed to abide by..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.