Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: a plea to Poser merchants

elfguy opened this issue on Jul 22, 2010 · 30 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 1:53 PM

Quote -
your own webstore = small boutique crammed down an alley downtown
renderosity marketplace = mall

What a perfect way to put it!

Let me tell you.. I've been doing FREE Poser content now for over 8 years - and on a GOOD day (when I've touted my site ehre and made a new freebie ect) I have like 50% extra hits.

As I said, the owner of PoserAddicts is a close friend of mine. I KNOW how much time he spends on that site, it's like 26 hours a day (well so it seems at least!) and it leaves him *NO time for persona "fun" renders. 

And when your hobby becomes your full time work, it's no longer a HOBBY, it's tedious WORK.

I don't want my hobby to turn into something tedious.

Besides.. I do think you're coming off rather ... blinkered. You don't like Rosity, yet you post your "plea" here so that we should all ideally abandon ship. You don't even know how DAZ or RDNA works. You have your own website... wow. So do I. But still, with all your html knowledge you can't even post a clickable link to tit? (ok I HATE to have to cut-and-paste links when making them clickable is so easy here!)

And your stuff didn't sell.. Well a quick glance revealed 95% Vue stuff. I dunno how Vue stuff sells.. I don't buy it as I use POSER (hence, this is the POSER forum) so perhaps the reason why your stuff didn't sell here isn't because Rosity sucks but because VUE stuff has few customers? Again, I do not know.. only guessing, and trying to figure out the reason for your anti-Rosity crusade.

Yes, this place has issues. Show me a major site/company who doesn't. It's STILL - short of DAZ the most effective place to sell your stuff.
I also have banners for my For Sale products there. I haven't been able to see ANY increase in sales on a day with more hits than a day with the normal odd 50 hits.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.