Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 ยท 2832 posts

bagginsbill posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 11:28 AM

hawarren - I lost it! I can't find the PR3 mm1 file anymore.

My recall is hazy, but back at that time I swtiched jobs and computers, and I think I misplaced the fie, because I didn't care about it as I was building a new way of doing shaders in matmatic.
The new approach doesn't change the nature of the shader, but rather the nature of how I assemble the shader. Traditionally I would write one big function to do a shader. This made it difficult to take any individual effect in the code and reuse it somewhere else. So the new implementation is based on a stack of objects, and it's very complex, not in the shader it produced, but in how it works. I haven't finished the stacked material architecture yet, so it's caveat emptor if you're willing to look at it.

Third, it's all one big file, including some effects that I don't want to give away for free. So while I'm happy to share the free parts, I have to separate them out first. I will do that, but I'm working on a tutorial for another thread at the moment, so it will be later today. I'll be back.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)