Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: a plea to Poser merchants

elfguy opened this issue on Jul 22, 2010 · 30 posts

modus0 posted Tue, 27 July 2010 at 3:44 PM

Quote - Where did I ever say that? Look, all I'm saying is this site has pissed off several people. Just look for the latest thread locked where several people said in no uncertain terms how they are leaving Rendo because of their stupid policies. I left this site for the same reason, gallery images being removed for ridiculous reasons, without any chance for appeal, and I have some friends who also left for similar reasons.

Why does (or should) the events in the forums or galleries have much influence on whether or not you purchase from the store?

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of content purchasers at any Poser-related site actually don't visit the forums therein, unless they've got a problem with a purchase, and likely either don't post anything they create with the program on the Internet or do so elsewhere.

Heck, I don't like several of the policies over at DeviantArt, yet I still visit the site to look at the works of artists I like. I'll never post an image of my own there though, or purchase any products from there. Doesn't mean all that needs to (or does) have any impact on my viewing.

Just as Renderosity's sometimes bass-ackwards policies and seeming attempts to drive people away necessarily need to have an impact on the Marketplace. Really the only people usually aware of the policy changes are those who frequent the forums, and the people who get upset about those are primarily that group.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.